In Fear and Trembling

I don't have the time to discuss the reasons why, but I have made my wish known to enter formal discernment for ordination into the priesthood of the Episcopal Church. This blog is one of the very first people I have told besides my priest.

It's a long and even grueling process, culminating in a three year and very expensive seminary degree. I know I have ten years in my school retirement, a good income (finally) but it is just something I feel I need to explore. Right now, I feel it is the work I should be doing, a work much more vital than this work. I will have a chance to learn much more as I go along.

I am taking my first name off this blog and making it as absolutely anonymous as I possibly can so that I can describe my discernment process here, truly anonymously. I would like to start another, public blog, and will link it to my facebook when I do. For now, love to all and hope for prayers.

Comments

Sandalstraps said…
Congratulations on taking an important step in your journey.

I wish I could say something that doesn't read like a Hallmark greeting card.

Oh well. Hope your doing well in your newfound (and vitally important) quasi-anonymity.
Tenax said…
Bro,

I respect you very much; I hope we never fully lose touch. Be well and talk with you soon.

Popular posts from this blog

First Step and the Consiliari

Hey Gang

Wanting to Come Back....