Storm Update

I hope I didn't scare anyone with my last post; fact is, I was scared. It was like those scenes in movies when the radar guy on the boat sees a huge mass coming on the radar, 'that can't be right!' Like that. The storm warnings up here were incredible. I'd cut and paste but that feels silly. But this morning NOAA said on their site that if we left the safety of our houses we'd be risking our lives. That's what it said.

Now what has happened is this: it's rained like snot all day. Sideways, windy, heavy rain, and the snow has been just above us! It even got to 40 today, though only briefly. Mostly mid to upper thirties, too warm to snow. I'm very grateful for this. Mikey's school shut down today but S was at work and she should be on her way home any minute, without snow. Wind and rain, but no blizzard snow. I'm sure a little above us, say 5000 feet and up, it's the gods of winter.

And Mikey didn't fly out tonight either, meaning I'm not running to the airport and coming home late. This truly means, Let It Snow. We will all be home safe. According to NOAA, it is supposed to get very cold with this next system; snow levels far below us, and stay cold and snowy through Monday night. We'll see. They were wrong about today!

No matter, I don't care as long as we're all here. I rented five movies, I'm cooking shepherd's pie with lamb, I still have homemade bread from yesterday, and we have plenty of board games. Mikey, of course, wants to go to a buddy's house, but that, as all things will this weekend, depends on the weather.

I am so, so, so, glad S will make it in before the white stuff hits though. You don't even know. It's hard to describe driving in the mountains in a winter storm, as those of you who've done it can attest.

***

I have to get back to my lamb, but I will say I enjoyed Master and Commander quite a bit. It's volume one of twenty novels. Twenty! As busy as I am, and reading for school so much, that could take me three wonderful years. So be it. I'm learning to speak sailor already.

That's it for now. More later. But it looks like we're all going to be safe and sound this weekend. Why we haven't lost power yet is beyond me. The electric company gets better at what they do every year.

Peace to all, and happy epiphany if I haven't already said it.

Comments

FunKiller said…
Glad to hear that everyone was safe. Your recent posts make me want to live in a similar environment. The idea of being snowed in(briefly of course) with my family, a wood burning stove and good food sounds really nice. Especially after the week I've had. Peace brother.
KMJ said…
So do you still have a lull in the storm? Or did you lose power for a day or two, and thus no updates? :)

Popular posts from this blog

First Step and the Consiliari

Hey Gang

Wanting to Come Back....