Morning Note

A full, beautiful morning to just hang out. I need these. M is in so cal with his dad; S is working. Tonight is her company Christmas party and since she also works a 12 tomorrow we're going in for the quick appearance tonight; eat and run.

It rained so hard this week for several days. Now the sky is blue and the ground clean, some frost overnight but it's warming into the thirties outside as the sun rises.

Here I am with more time to blog than I've had in weeks and nothing to say! It's unbelievable, but healthy. I'll eat breakfast, do some online grading, read more Madame Bovary (the most artistically perfect of all novels perhaps) for the Honors class, and, maybe, work on my bookcases which have been neglected for weeks and consist of nothing but 2x4 framing, the oak plywood waiting to be cut for plates and risers. I got enough finished for the new carpet to go in, and now our spare room is inhabitable, minus that filthy blue dog-ruined decade-old carpet. How wonderful it was to watch the installers tear it out, roll it up, and haul it off. It felt like...Christmas. Like getting a really desperately needed haircut and shave at Lolo's. Just good.

Be well all.

Comments

FunKiller said…
Ah, laid back Saturday mornings. They are a distant memory for me my friend, but I am thankful that you have this time. Good luck with those bookshelfs. It took me two years just to build an arbor in the backyard.

Enjoy the cool weather.

Popular posts from this blog

First Step and the Consiliari

Hey Gang

Wanting to Come Back....