Three Things Thursday

Okay, I admit, it's Friday morning and I'm too honest to roll back my blog calender and date this Thursday; in my heart it's Three Things Thursday.

***

I found the originator of Three Things blipping through blogs. Then I lost her! I can't remember the name of the actual blog, but in honor of the tradition I blog on.

1) I think I'm getting sick. My wife has been sick for almost two weeks and the stress in my life, plus the proximity, may be leading me down the sickie path. My throat is sore and I'm calling in to work. In some ways this actually feels good; a day to catch up, read, REST!

2) I have been building built-in bookcases. I have books that have been in boxes since, well, truthfully, at least since 99, some maybe since 92, but I'm not sure. The new unit is taking up a whole wall, eight feet by twelve. This is very new to me. I'm not a handy kind of guy and it takes me lots of thinking to do something like this for the first time. We found plans online, of course. The 2x4 framing is almost done and next we just have to pick the shelf wood and nail it in. If these turn out, if they actually hold books, I'll be quite proud.

3) My brother and his beautiful family are coming up for Thanksgiving! This is cause for huge celebration. The Last Homely House has been missing them for some time. Especially the babies! A four and one year old. How cool is that. My four year old nephew asked me if we have any bears up here. I figured he was scared. What he told me was 'you know you can walk right up into the hills, take your gun, point it at the bear and shoot him down.' I don't have any guns, but what a cool kid.

Love to all.

Comments

FunKiller said…
Coming from a fractured, dysfunctional home, I've always wonderd what it would be like to be excited about having my siblings over for Thanksgiving. I'm so glad for you. Truly something to be thankful for.

Peace to you and your home.
KMJ said…
P.S. the TTTh originator is Sheila from 'musingsofamommy.blogspot'. :)
Anonymous said…
Hey,
We are all very excited to be coming up as well. N has been asking since saturday "when are we going to uncle troy's house!". We will see you guys soon

E man
Tenax said…
Funkiller: you're right; the fact that I love my brother's family and he loves mine is a great gift; we didn't speak seriously for years; I like things now much better. It is something to be very thankful for.

KMJ: thanks for the tip. I knew it was something like that.

E-man: you guys are coming up in the middle of a Sierra heat wave! It's supposed to be 60 degrees today! All week in the fifties, maybe low sixties, beautiful fall weather, very mild, no snow or rain. Can't beat that.

love to all

Popular posts from this blog

First Step and the Consiliari

Hey Gang

Wanting to Come Back....