Punk Rock Blog Break

I need a short blog/internet break to engage the concrete things in my life: my work (until grades are due next week) my family and my friendships...myself, really. Now this break may last only a few days, but I've been on it a few days already and know I need more rest.

Right now, the rage churning inside me as I break through, listening to the New Bomb Turks...Mr. Suit, Id Slips In, ah, such sweet release as the music rips through me, taking pieces of pain with it. Anger is such a powerful component of my suffering, or anger repressed. I know some of the Cognitive people actually say that there is little scientific proof for this, repressed anger beneath depression and anxiety, but they, frankly, are full of it and themselves. Therapy, like martial arts, requires diverse approaches. Not all truth comes out in empirical studies. Releasing emotion has worked for me for years, most therapists know the truth, and I'm trusting it.

Anyway, be back soon. Pray for me to do well this weekend as I test for my Bareboat license. I'm actually very nervous and have been having trouble sleeping (over nothing but fun). Also, prayer for family members who are or will be travelling.

Peace. Sincere shout outs to Romy, Sandalstraps, Sherry, Scott, Amanda, any and all who actually read this thing from time to time; special nods to Sandalstraps and Romy for writing so well and knowing so freaking much.

I'm just need to take special care of myself for a bit. The web, used too much, can become a grazing which doesn't feed; it's like eating only one food group when it gets out of balance.

Intimacy...now that is the healing force in this universe; with others, with God, with self.

t

Comments

Sandalstraps said…
Troy,

Hope all is well for you and yours as you take your break. We've been missing you at my Sanctuary.

While I've written a few pieces since you've taken your break, don't be distracted by the riff-raff. This is the one you want to read.

Chris

Popular posts from this blog

First Step and the Consiliari

Hey Gang

Wanting to Come Back....