Lunch Day

I just came from my informational lunch with two faculty who work at the college in my district up the hill. It felt like a two hour job interview; they way knew why I was eating lunch with them. It went well, but I'm exhausted. They are trying to get a position for next Fall; they want two, but will probably get one. Of course this wasn't an actual job interview, and I would have to go through the whole process: paper screen, faculty panel interview, presidential interview, blah blah blah.

I was so nervous guys. I woke up at 6 this morning. I don't even know if I want to move my job up the hill; my college, in most ways, is a better college. But it's so damned far! And I still don't know what's going to happen with my online classes.

Much about living up here has been good, like the seasons, Allen and Reeanne (a good friend's very hip parents), the woods. My church is getting better, but it's someplace I have to lead and not be led (at least in part). I still feel lonely and am working on ways to feel integrated. I have a good therapist but there are no meetings. I love our house but we have no garage. The cultural shift is so vast. Turning mountain. It's a process.

At least I don't have to make any quick decisions. In some ways, they knew I was interviewing them, too.

***

More rain is coming this weekend; we actually had snow a few days ago, though it didn't really stick. But white fat flakes. Tonight I take Mikey down to the airport; that is such a long drive, about 80 minutes each way. And I've already driven a half hour down the hill and come back up. But I can sleep in tomorrow!

Midterms to grade this weekend, on Marx's manifesto.

***

I want to get those little animated gif emoticons that describe my mood. If anyone knows where I can find those post a comment and let me know. In the meantime...

Current Mood: drained
Current Music: Sublime/40 Oz. to Freedom

Comments

KMJ said…
So many decisions to make... I wish you rest, refilling and new focus as you head into the weekend. :)

Popular posts from this blog

First Step and the Consiliari

Hey Gang

Wanting to Come Back....