Errata

More than once I've thought of things I've said in blogs in the past which need correction. Thanks to Sandalstraps for setting me straight on my misrepresentation of Borg. I will read Borg. It's only a matter of time.

Resistance is futile.

Sorry.

And I'm actually looking forward to it. The naive biblical literalism of some very good scholars leaves me shaken. Ditto those who do nothing with the Bible but dismantle it (operating, almost always, with logical conclusions derived from the fundamentalists themselves: if this book is the product of a divine Mind surely every line will agree with every other piece of the revelation and God's voice will be heard in each part).

Really? That's not fair to the texts we have.

The prophets may claim to be speaking directly for God, but is the author of Chronicles or Samuel doing the same? It never seems so in those books.

I don't want to talk about the Bible today, though.

***

My depression is kicking me pretty good today still, though last night was easier. I know it will pass, but the pain is very real. I need to finish my Estella story in the blog so all this makes more sense in the blogsphere, and I don't know when I can do that. Suffice to say when I do, it will make sense.

Depression is like a fog which dulls all the senses except the inner Great Pain and yet heightens the mind at the same time. I'm okay, I'm hanging in, I worked out yesterday and am going to grappling class tonight, but this is just a shitty week.

Love to all.

Comments

Sandalstraps said…
I'm sorry about your depression's renewed strength. The fog surrounding me is finally starting to lift. I wish you could share that relief.

Popular posts from this blog

First Step and the Consiliari

Hey Gang

Wanting to Come Back....