Still Working

I haven't posted in a while. Work is keeping me busy, yes, but I'm currently working on three different posts, all which are actually getting drafted. Yes, for someone who teaches writing process I'm actually trying it on the blog (in part inspired by Romy's writing).

In the short news, I'm slowly working through Wright's second NT book VOG. It takes time because he moves quickly between major theories and their creators; I want to feel centered in the material. Surely, just because Wright is brilliant doesn't mean he's always right; also true is that he is not de facto wrong just because some of his conclusions support orthodoxy, support, in fact, the view of Jesus his followers espoused within a generation or less of his death. All possibilities must remain open. But he takes time.

I sailed to the Farallones Saturday; an entire post is in the works there. And my hip is killing me. My lower back injury, apparently, has spread somehow into the muscles or nerves around my hip. I've been trying to take it easy, but it's been easy to reinjure and the entire thing is very discouraging. I see my doctor in less than an hour; I hope to hear something useful there.

More encouraging is rediscovering the music of the Blasters on napster.

Love and peace to all. Longer posts, one on sailing, one a faint apologetic, the other one I forget...all coming soon.

Comments

Sandalstraps said…
Looking forward to the promised posts. In the meantime, I got the book you sent me. Looks great. I'll start into it when I've finished with the other books I'm plowing through. One never runs out of books worth reading!
Tenax said…
Chris,

put it on your shelf for when you're ready. The second volume deals directly with the synoptic tradition, but the first is a fascinating preparation.

But if you're not into the historical quest at the moment, heck, shelve it until you are.

t
Anonymous said…
Hi T,

I hope the doctor visit went well. I get pain in my hip (joints) now when I get colds. It is a weird arthritic side affect, apparently.

I want you to know, that I am here and reading though I don't comment much. Several times I have started comments and deleted as they ramble and don't adequately respond to all the points you make that start me thinking, and at least twice - blogger prevented me from commenting and I didn't have the energy to retype.

But I am here, never left :) (but if you have a site meter - you know that)
Tenax said…
A,

I have a site meter but don't know how to read it and haven't tried.

Great to hear from you though.

Of the original bunch, few are left. Right now, only me, you, and Sherry (plus Romy, who was doing this before any of us). Scooter and Funkiller seem to be taking a break. Understandable, considering how busy life is, but I miss KMJ and the others.

It's wonderful to hear your words of support. Truly. I will not forget.

t

Popular posts from this blog

First Step and the Consiliari

Hey Gang

Wanting to Come Back....